Helen Leis is a Partner in the Oliver Wyman’s New York Office. She leads Oliver Wyman’s consumer health innovation work, and is an expert in designing consumer-centric business models in healthcare, including product, experience, and operating models. Helen provides strategic planning, large-scale transformation, and organization alignment advice to senior executives in consumer health companies, health plans, and population health management companies. She is a frequent speaker and author on consumer health innovation, and focuses her efforts on advising her healthcare clients on the shift to consumer-centric business models.
- For a $12B health services company and a media and entertainment conglomerate, driving multi-year development of first of its kind joint venture to drive consumer engagement and improve health outcomes
- For a $30B healthcare company, led transformation to align resources and operating models against new strategy and priority markets, nearly doubling operating margin for the business
- For a preeminent public health foundation, shed new light on the underlying motivations driving how vulnerable consumers (e.g., exchange-eligible, Medicaid, caregivers, ESL) differentially access health information
- For a $5B behavioral health company, led team through challenging shift to medical-behavioral integration, repositioning business from market laggard to market leader
- For a national population health management company, designed revolutionary consumer health journey and signature moments to drive consumer engagement with the company
- For a large regional Blue plan, advised on launch of company’s first ever Consumer LOB, boosting overall membership by 10 percent in a highly competitive market
- For a U.S. federal agency, led a number of strategy and marketing efforts; of particular mention was the development of a strategic plan to tackle obesity in the U.S. Advised senior executives to re-align staff and financial resources, as well as research, communication, program, and policy efforts, with priority needs of the agency, the country, and with Congressional intent
Helen earned a B.A. in economics and history from the University of Virginia and an M.B.A. from at Duke University. She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. She is a mom of twins, and in what spare time she has, she does CrossFit.
Insights and Media
Helen Leis on the Health Reform Vulnerable Americans Really Need – Forbes
Helen Leis on Improving Healthcare Information For The Most Vulnerable – Health Affairs