Esteban Paez is a Principal in the New York office and the M&A leader of the Actuarial Consulting Practice of Oliver Wyman. He has over ten years of consulting experience for insurers, reinsurers, investment banks and private equity firms, with a primary focus on mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
His recent experience includes:
- Assisted clients with various aspects of “buy” and “sell” side M&A, with a primary focus on actuarial and financial due diligence
- Lead numerous buy-side advisory projects (including total company and individual block type transactions)
- Lead the development of various sell side actuarial appraisals (including total company and individual block type transactions)
- Developed pro-forma P-GAAP analysis in support of due-diligence and post-acquisition implementation
- Assisted multi-national clients with capital management strategic decisions and reinsurance initiatives across various jurisdictions
- Served as the appointed actuary for companies in the United States and Bermuda
- Lead several Embedded Value implementation and review projects for foreign and domestic insurance companies, with a focus on methodology, assumptions and results (market consistent and traditional/real world)
- Developed internal capital models under various regulatory regimes such as Risk Based Capital (“RBC”), Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirements (“BSCR”) and Best’s Capital Adequacy Ratio (“BCAR”)
Esteban is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.