Her experience with regulators includes reviewing regulatory filings, performing mandated benefit studies, analyzing the financial condition of health insurers, and special studies such as market analyses, trend analyses, and student health plan analyses.
Some of Dianna's professional experiences include:
- Setting group commercial health insurance trends and premium rates, including dental insurance.
- Analyzing the impact of legislative proposals on health insurers including Massachusetts and national health care reform initiatives.
- Setting incurred but not reported reserves for health insurers.
- Designing and pricing new group and individual health insurance products.
- Reviewing regulatory filings prepared and submitted by health insurance companies.
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Dianna was a health pricing actuary at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. Her primary responsibilities were setting trends, setting rates for small and midsize employers, legislative analysis, and product design and new product pricing. She has also worked as a life and health actuary for two large national insurance companies.
Dianna is a fellow of the society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.