Chris Whitney is a Principal in the Hartford office. He has extensive product monitoring and reporting, product development and financial reporting experience across multiple lines of business.
Recent projects include:
- Led the implementation of asset modeling functionality and the creation of testing tools for a large insurers pricing models in AXIS
- Led the implementation of PBR functionality and the creation of testing tools for a large insurers pricing models in AXIS and assisted with an expert review as to compliance of the models with VM-20 requirements
- Developed a dividend management strategy for a mutual insurance company and implemented methods to track experience against targets across dividend classes
- Performed Cash Flow Testing for Ordinary Life, Universal Life, Annuity, Term and Disability Income Lines of Business
- Led analysis and implementation of a change to an insurer’s reinsurance strategy including successful negotiation of a risk share arrangement with parent company and approval by New York Department of Financial Services
- Drove forward analysis around previously irreconcilable differences in experience for one of the key risks of an insurer’s structured settlements product line which generates $500M in annual sales; used insights to develop an innovative approach to pricing in recognition of this risk
Chris is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.