Jeff Youssef was interviewed by CNBC Arabia, where he spoke at length on the Privatisation of Airports in the GCC and its benefits.
1. As passenger volumes continue to grow and airlines worldwide expand their fleets, airport infrastructure is fast becoming a growth bottleneck
2. Privatisation has an important role to play in eliminating this barrier to growth, according to Oliver Wyman’s ‘Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Airport Infrastructure’ report
3. Airports in the region are growing by 5% annually, which means that by 2030 the number of passengers will double
4. The private sector should be involved in investments reaching 100 billion US, as the projects will not only be infrastructural but will also involve operations
5. Governments need to have regulations to protect themselves during the privatisation process
6. Privatisation will contribute to the community where it will provide new job and suppliers, which will increase tourism and transit and increase profits for airliners
Click here to view video