Finance & Risk
Oliver Wyman Finance and Risk Practice provides leading financial institutions with custom solutions covering all aspects of risk management, including its application to financial management. Decades of work with the world's top 100 financial institutions have given us a unique global perspective on the challenges they face.
Risk, Capital and Performance Measurement
The Finance & Risk Practice measures and manages all categories of risk at all levels within the institution. From credit and market to business and strategic risks, we create the capital, solvency and economic performance measures to help businesses proactively manage risk.
Capital and Balance Sheet Management
Our firm works with companies to align risk and business strategies with financial and economic resources. Whether the goal is to optimize capital and balance sheet structures or improve shareholder returns, we can help build a more resilient financial platform for risk-taking.
Performance and Value-Based Management
The world's leading financial institutions count on Oliver Wyman to improve their performance metrics at the transaction, line of business and corporate levels. From strategic planning to incentive programs, our team helps clients embed these metrics across their organizations for maximum performance.
Risk Governance Amid Regulatory Changes
We support our clients as they navigate the current environment of unprecedented regulatory change and increasing governance expectations. Offering advice on corporate governance frameworks and best practices, our experience covers all levels within the institution - from the board and executive management to line management.
Risk Technology Capabilities
The practice defines and implements compliance (including Basel II), market/credit/operational risk data requirements across multiple levels: financial product, business line or enterprise level.
Key Areas of Insight
- Risk quantification, policies and processes
- Capital, funding and balance-sheet strategy
- Accounting analytics, policy and implementation
- Regulatory compliance
- Organization design and governance
- Capital Markets Risk Newsletter
- Revisions Bring Further Clarity to the Impact of Basel and IOSCO Margin Rules
- Fed Proposes Major Shift in Regulation of Foreign Banks
- The State of Interest Rate Risk Management (for Asian Banks)
- The Oliver Wyman Risk Journal Vol. 2
- Strategic Capital: Defining an Effective Real-World View of Capital
- Risk in the Australian Mortgage Market: Looking Beyond the Average
- Adding 5% to ROE: How Banks Can Do More with Less
- The State of Interest Rate Risk Management