Mindy S. Kairey
Mindy is a Partner in the Health and Life Sciences Practice at Oliver Wyman, a strategy and organization consulting firm. Mindy has worked in major segments of healthcare including payers, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, employers, and brokers. Her work focuses on strategy formulation, portfolio analysis, product/service innovation, and revenue growth for Board and Executive levels of large, complex organizations.
- Led a comprehensive redesign of the business strategy for the largest share health plan for the Federal Employee Program. Conducted baseline assessment of competitive and financial position, evaluated future market scenarios, identified new product and service initiatives, assessed capability requirements, and supported implementation efforts.
- On behalf of the Consortium of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, completed a competitive position assessment across Blue Plans and all major health plans. Utilized secondary research, broker interviews and employer surveys to benchmark health plans across key performance indicators and buyer expectations.
- Worked with a major pharmaceutical company to segment both the health plan market as well as employers and brokers to identify new distribution strategies. Provided training and education on market dynamics, buying priorities and processes, and leading performers to develop new partnership opportunities.
- For a large Human Resource Outsourcing company, Mindy created a variety of innovative health management solutions such as the Health Value Initiative™ (now an industry standard for measuring health plan performance), Health Resource™ (a B2B web application for the client to interface with all health plans throughout the U.S. on behalf of mutual clients), and decision-support tools for employees to make effective healthcare choices.
- Worked with a new, disruptive innovator, to assess their competitive position and develop a differentiated consumer engagement strategy. As part of this effort, Mindy developed a consumer touch point map across health activities to identify high priority focus areas and corresponding ROI.
- Consulted with Fortune 1000 employers on the creation and implementation of total healthcare benefits strategies.
- On behalf of several clients, evaluated evolving market landscape to identify new strategic business opportunities including potential acquisitions; consistently assess new market entrants, emerging demand and new opportunity identification.
Mindy earned a Master of Public Health and Master of Science in Gerontology from the University of Southern California and holds her Bachelor of Science for Pennsylvania State University. She has served as a National Fellow at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.