Defining the future of the organization is one of the CEO’s most critical responsibilities. It is a complicated, time-consuming, intellectually challenging, and often emotionally fraught process, and one which should not be delegated to an external team of experts. The CEO and the executive team must be fully immersed in the task together, because the process of developing the organization’s strategic direction is also a way of building top team alignment and generating a true understanding of what it will take to lead the execution effectively.
Delta works alongside CEOs and their top team to support them in:
- Developing a shared view about where the company is today – assessing the organization’s business, its strengths and weaknesses, the external environment, and available opportunities
- Expanding their thinking and exploring a broad range of strategic options
- Building collective commitment through a rigorous assessment of potential options based on agreed criteria
- Determining the overall, integrated transition plan while simultaneously executing current business plans and priorities
- Engaging the board appropriately to ensure its support